Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Me encanta ver el templo

So our zone has changed p-day to Wednesday’s for this week and next for the sisters in our zone who miss pday on Monday due to the temple. I have to say it is so weird not to have pday on Monday, and really hard, but now we get to chill today so that’s cool!

So last week was kind of a hard week. But we found this cool lady named Carolina (like south Carolina) who might be super solid! she said she would commit to baptism if she knew it was true. We got to take Antonia to a lesson with her last week, and she says she is going to come to church this week.

We also had a super awesome miracle last week. We were going to go stop by a less active and when we got out of the car, Selena (a lady we had been teaching who disappeared) walked out of the next door house. So we found her and her friend Carla again! Carla actually has some potential, and we are super excited to teach them again!

So we had a cool experience with this guy named Valentin, he was a kid who stopped us on the street. We met with him, and it kinda got a little intense and contentious, so we left and asked to come by the next day. He is a pretty devout catholic so its different that teaching just "believers" but the next day when we went by, his brother was there who only spoke Spanish (Valentin speaks both) and started to argue with us from this bashing book he had. So as it got more heated, I just turned to Valentin and spoke to him in English. His brother just shut up then cuz he couldn’t understand. But we left and Valentin asked us if we could go for a walk because he didn’t like the way his brother was. So we took a walk around the block, and he said he would read the Book of Mormon! But sadly his visa expired and he had to go back to Mexico yesterday. SO I gave him mormon.org so he could find the missionaries there.

So mom I think you prayed a ton that I could have some part with the temple, cuz it came true. So we were going down to the temple on Saturday with a less active and her boyfriend, and we left an hour early, and they left an hour late. So we got there like 2 hours before they did. And then a group of Hispanics showed up, and they asked us to translate for the tour guide, so I had the opportunity to translate a tour, which was cool! But then the less active showed up at the same time as a group of 70 Hispanics from Ohio. So the people in charge were freaking out cuz they weren’t expecting so many people. So they like grabbed me and tried to pull me away from my comp to give the tour. But then president showed up and I asked if I could leave my comp to go give the tour while E Blood stayed with the less active. He gave us permission to do it. So I grabbed a script (in English) and gave the tour. It was scary to do! But it turned out good! And then as soon as I got done with the tour, another big group showed up from Ohio and a lady in charge was like, "Oh God does provide, Elder come this way, we need you to do another tour."  So I got to do another tour! This one was a lot better! So all in all I was without my comp for 3.5 hours. But in the temple, and boy do I wish I could give the tours forever! I love the feeling of being in the temple!! :)


There is a really weird feeling of being 20 now. Before when people would say, "I’m 20."  I was like oh you’re old!  But now its like we are the same age, and you have 2 kids.  Its super weird!!

Birthday Bowling


No comments:

Post a Comment