Monday, April 6, 2015

Feliz Pascua. Un dia tarde :)

Please excuse any typing errors, this keyboard doesn’t like to register my typing.

Happy late Easter everyone!!!

What did you guys think of General Conference?! I thought it was pretty good! Seems like they are focusing more and more on the family! I was a little sad however that we didn’t hear more from our Prophet. I worry about him and his health.

This week has seemed a little slow. It was still a good week though. 

We had a really good lesson with Martha again about temples. Something super cool is that her daughter Ana is now interested in listening in when before she was totally against it. And this is because of the young women that fellowshiped her. 

The biggest thing you can do for someone is show them that you care (even the slightest bit) about them. This will change hearts!

We also got to go and give Charles a blessing in the hospital because he had to go in and get fluid drained out of his stomach. He thought that he was going to be in there for a week, but was released the next day. The power of the priesthood is real!

We taught the Molina family again. Jesus Molina had read the first 12 chapters of the Book Of Mormon! Super cool! They are some funny people.

We weren’t able to teach Celso this week cuz he was in Ohio. and sadly I don’t think he will be  baptized this Saturday :( but he for sure will be soon! 

Also I am staying in this area with Elder Wolverton for the next transfer. Which means I kill him off (missionary slang for send him home)

Not much else to report.

Love

Elder Porter

From Mom's letter:


So I had my first dream in Spanish this week! I was so excited when I woke up!!!


Also thinking in Spanish, not usually in my everyday thinking unless I consciously try to, but when people talk to me in Spanish I don’t have to translate unless it is a word I just barely learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment