Monday, October 20, 2014

Semana Siete in el campo misional

Been a pretty good week. I have officially completed my first transfer! This last six weeks have gone by so much faster than the CCM!

Went on exchanges again this week and during them I got my first flat tire on my bike, stupid people throwing beer bottles out the window. But luckily I knew how to change out the tube so I didn’t have too much of a hassle.

This week we have taught the most lessons we have taught in this area. We taught a total of 6 lessons, which is low overall but really high for us. 

We were able to find our first new investigator this week! We knocked on a door and we had a successful door contact that led us to being able to teach a 5 min lesson about the restoration. His name is Juan. We have a return appointment Saturday because he works every other day.

We also had a really cool lesson with this guy we found named Rafiel. It was super spiritual and we were able to teach him about where his brother who is dead is. I thought for sure that since the spirit was so strong that he would let us come back, but sadly he said he was happy where he was at. I hope the spirit he felt works within him and makes him more receptive next time.

On Tuesday we had a meeting for all the new missionaries and their trainers. I love being able to be taught instead of teaching sometimes. But it was super nice to be able to see all the people that I came out with. There is truly a bond in mission work.

Funny experience this week. So I was on exchanges so I was in the city of Elkhart,which is east of us. We were riding our bikes and the Elder I was with, Elder Labrum, stopped to talk to this Hispanic. I started the contact and found out he had family so I started going off of that and trying to peak his interest. But then Elder Labrum told me that this was a guy they had been teaching for a while, and he was their landlord. Kind of awkward/not awkward at the same time :)

Sadly the lady, Mary, we have been teaching that is really progressing canceled this week. But we were able to stop by and boy is it awesome to see the progression of people. She has been reading the talk of President Monson on the Sunday morning session of conference. I hope she gets baptized. I’m hoping we can get her started in family history work because her husband still works but she doesn’t anymore, so she is home alone most days.

I was able to go to a baptism of one of the English sisters investigators. It was super neat to see! He had been investigating for 2 years! He bore his testimony and it was so strong! I love feeling the spirit like that! And I get to a lot on my mission.

Had to give a talk in church on Sunday. Wrote it in English first then had my companion help me translate. It took 3 hours to translate. Geez! But I think it went well.....don’t really know all the words I said ;) But it was a good experience.

Not much this week but it has been a good week

Love

Elder Porter

The leaves are getting all pretty like :)

That's how I read my scriptures every day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment