Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Un tarde Feliz 4 de Julio!



This week was super great weather wise :) not very much humidity and not too hot either :) So that was great :)

But I think the Lord is seeing if I’m going to get trunky or not. I say NO! 
So like all our appointments this week fell through. It was really quite annoying. We don’t know why it happened but it did. So that meant some tracting, or lots of it.

So there are these two young girls who are sisters who are less active. We have actually been able to make some good progress with them. I taught them when I was here the first time, and they hated meeting with us, because their mom forced them to do it. But now they are doing it of their own accord which is great! We just have to work on getting them to church. But it’s kinda hard because now their mom is less active and doesn’t do the things that she tells the girls they are supposed to do. Oh and btw their names are Liz and Sara.

There is this family that is coming back to activity named the Manzano’s. Their daughter Emily is getting baptized on Saturday, and she has asked me to baptize her! It’s actually funny cuz when the branch president asked Emily who she wanted to baptize her, she said "Harry Potter!" because to all Hispanics "Porter" sounds just the same as "Potter.”  But I feel blessed to be able to baptize her.

The Miracle of this week was that the family we talked about where the girl needs lots of help overcoming some struggles. Well her mom Hilda and her step dad Adrian came to church this week! They stayed for all 3 hours and said they really liked it :) So we are hoping for some progression there! 

An ironic thing on the fourth of July, our branch (Spanish) was the only unit to have a fourth of July celebration. I found that quite funny.

Yesterday we were able to meet our new mission president, President Carlson and his wife. I don’t know what I was expecting, but I wasn’t expecting them. They are so great! but so different from what President and Sister Cleveland were. I was able to have my departing interview with him (which was a funny thing too) and he is just a very soft spoken man, whereas president Cleveland was a fireball, and 100% coach. Too bad I only have him for 1 more week. 

This work is true, and I know that when we open our mouths and bear our testimonies, that we are blessed with the word that touch others hearts :) 

Les quiero :) 

Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment