Monday, July 18, 2016

Para siempre Dios este con Vos



This week has been great! We have 3 people on date to be baptized!!!!!!

The first one is the 9 year old son of a returning less active. So kinda cheating, but hey it falls under our jurisdiction ;) He is progressing well and really wants to be baptized

The other 2 are friends of Simon, the guy who we visited in the hospital 3 weeks ago. They are named Luis and Leandro. They showed up to church last week cuz Simon invited them, and then we were able to meet with them on Saturday, and put them on date for the 20th of August! Simon is also getting baptized this Saturday!!!!

Thursday we were able to go on exchanges, and I was with Elder Rasmussen. We had a cool miracle where we had been knocking all day, and no one answered. Then we knocked a door, and a lady with an accent answered. I thought that she could have been Hispanic, or Arabic. So I asked where they were from. She was from MEXICO!!!! So I switched into Spanish and it broke the ice immediately! And then we were able to go in and teach an awesome lesson! They have so much faith! Hopefully they progress :) 

There was another miracle on that exchange. Elder Thayne got a call from the YSA sisters saying that Rosa showed up in the parking lot of the church looking for us. So we tried to set up something, but alas it didn’t happen. But she told the sisters she wants to change her life again, so we are hoping and praying that it will work out! 

Bryan is out of the hospital, and doing really well :) He’s just really bruised up right now. 

Yesterday at church I had to give a pretty hard talk. It was on gossip due to some situations that have happened recently. I was really nervous to do so, but when I got up to the pulpit, I felt calm. I know the spirit came and helped me. And the strangest part was that everyone payed attention. Like everyone was attentive and looking at me. STRANGE!!! Cuz that never happens!!!

This is sad for me. Because this is my last email as a full time missionary for the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I have loved and cherished my time as a missionary. I know this church is true and that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that God loves each and every one of us. I love this work.

Love you all

Elder Drew C. Porter
Zone selfie at the Senior Couple's house

No comments:

Post a Comment